Safety harnesses PROMPT DELIVERY
The best online bargains to buy Safety harnesses
Discover our catalog of Safety harnesses
There are not enough products in stock €141.24 (VAT excl.)-2 Point Harness-Carabiner-12mm Detachable Rope Grab-10 metre Kernmantle Static Rope-Nylon Drawstring Bag
There are not enough products in stock €158.81 (VAT excl.)-2 Point Harness-Carabiner-12mm Detachable Rope Grab-15 metre Kernmantle Static Rope-Nylon Drawstring Bag
There are not enough products in stock €216.98 (VAT excl.)-2 Point Harness-Carabiner-12mm Detachable Rope Grab-30 metre Kernmantle Static Rope-Nylon Drawstring Bag
Safety harnesses, features and differences between various models
Safety harnesses are a crucial protective device for the operator, and that's why every company that uses them must know the details and differences when choosing a harness. In fact, over the years, safety harness designs have evolved, providing greater safety for the wearer and, above all, greater comfort. Safety harnesses should be used whenever there is even the slightest danger of falling and are intended to arrest the fall in a safe and controlled manner without consequence to the worker. Major areas of application for safety harnesses include work at height, work on roofs and scaffolding, and maintenance on airborne platforms.
The first difference to make regarding fall arrest harnesses are the anchorage points:
- 1-point safety harness: this harness model has only 1 point to attach the safety carabiner
- 2-point safety harnesses: this harness model has 2 points on which to attach the carabiner, one at chest height and the second in the center of the shoulders
- 3-point safety harnesses: this harness model has 3 points on which to attach the carabiner, one at chest height, the second in the middle of the shoulders and the third at the waist
- 4-point safety harnesses: this harness model has 4 points on which to attach the carabiner, in addition to the points of the previous ones it has an additional anchorage at pelvis height
In addition, the safety harnesses available in our online store come with or without a lumbar cushion, which has the unique feature of providing additional comfort to the operator while working.
What are the mandatory regulations for safety harnesses
Knowing the regulations of the safety harnesses you buy is essential to be in compliance and pass any fall arrest inspections, below we will list them with their details
- EN 361:2002 standard confirming the safety of the harness against falls from height, is issued to the manufacturer after passing the test of the 100 kg dummy being harnessed and dropped. The harness passes the test if it shows no signs of change or breakage after the dummy falls
- EN 1497:2007 this standard specifies that the marking, test methods and information provided by the manufacturer are correct
- EN 358:2000 confirms that the harness and safety lanyard withstood a static force test for more than 3 minutes without releasing the load
- EN 813:2008 specific standard for sitting harnesses
How to choose the right Safety Harnesses for your business
Choosing safety harnesses, carabiners, and various accessories such as safety lanyards and retractable devices can sometimes become complex for the company that has to use them, which is precisely why we at King Kong Work provide you with our specialized staff, who will advise you on the specific safety harness for your needs.